First of all, you have accommodation deposits to fork out for, and, secondly, you’ll need to set your beloved child up with all the student kitchen essentials they need, to ensure they eat well once they’ve flown the nest.
Before you know it, it will be results day and you have just a few more weeks of cooking and cleaning up around your offspring – and with that comes the added expense of ensuring they have enough money to last them until their student loan turns up.
It makes sense to spread the cost of university student kitchen essentials over a few months before they leave, ensuring you don’t leave yourself short with a very expensive month come August! Here at idealForever, our kitchen range and essentials products are all very reasonably priced, meaning you get the best value for money.
So, just what exactly will your student need?
- A wok – because at least home-made stir fry has plenty of veggies in
- A frying pan – a kitchen staple; perfect for making pancakes, cooking chicken and making sauces
- Other saucepans and lids – because food doesn’t cook itself
- Sharp knives – because buying pre-chopped vegetables just isn’t economical
- Chopping boards – this goes without saying
- Tin opener – so does this!
- Bottle opener – just in case…
- Utensils – a wooden spoon and fish slice are essential in any kitchen
- Baking tray – because cooking a pizza without one could get very messy
- Oven gloves – health and safety is important
- Measuring jug – particularly useful when making rice, and for fulfilling that urge to bake at 2 am
- Colander – there will be a lot of pasta
- Grater – because what it pasta without cheese?
Other student kitchen essentials include kettle, toaster, microwave, kitchen scales, crockery and cutlery, glassware and plenty of plastic food storage containers for leftovers. However, it might be better waiting to see what is in your student kitchen before spending money that could be better spent elsewhere!
For more information on any of our items in the student kitchen essentials, please contact us, and a member of our team will be happy to speak to you.