Add to that the fact that your kids are at home all day, and your day might just start to feel shorter by the second!
Your essential cleaning products and household items are in good supply, but without a nudge in the right direction, your kids won’t always be inclined to help out around the house.
We’ve put together some top tips for ensuring those odd jobs around the house get done, leaving you with more time to relax, and cook up a storm in the kitchen!
- Assign daily tasks to yourself and your children to ensure that those little jobs don’t add up – such as making the bed, putting dirty clothes in the washing or loading the dishwasher
- Spend 10 minutes a day dusting one room of the house or enlist the help of the family to tackle a room each every week, and your house will be looking clean in no time!
- Make a habit of collecting the clutter that builds up over the course of the day and putting it in its rightful place. Organise your post as you receive it, throw broken household items away and remember to recycle!
- Have a time-out on toys every day where your kids have ten minutes to tidy up before bedtime, or they lose the toys for a day - or even a week; you’ll soon find those toys are magically put away with gusto
- Organise some trips out to get yourself and the children out of the house at least once a week. It doesn’t have to be anything that is expensive, a simple trip to the park or local museum can make for an enjoyable day out
- Make food time more fun! Cooking healthier meal options, and getting the kids involved, will ensure they eat the food you want them to
- Be fair – making chores fun and enjoyable is a great way of encouraging your children to be more responsible, but you can also encourage them by offering them pocket money in exchange for tasks that require a little more effort than normal; such as cleaning the car or hoovering
We have a wide range of cleaning essentials for sale here at Ideal Forever, simply browse our website to see what takes your fancy.